View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 01:03 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pretentious music??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosphorus View Post
Yes, I actually did'nt say what I really meant, like always!

I meant jazz listeners who don't actually play it. I don't know why but if you play it, you seem to be humbled by it, but sitting around in jazz clubs sipping wine at 20years old or so....well a lot of those people sem like posers to me. Kind of like teenagers who try and act all chilled because hendrix did it, you know?..but then again, I'm just lumping people in with each other.

I'm just speaking from experience, i know a guitarist who wanted to hit every club for the jazz fest, i said " but you don't like jazz"....."yes i do!!"...."name me one jazz song or play me one jazz chord on you're guitar"...."haha no"

I really hate pretentious posers...even more than wiggers, they is cool!

then again a lot of music requires you to act pretentious when you are talking about it! You can't exactly say "that was a slammin' E sharp" when talking about Beethoven's moonlight sonata now can you?
The man who introduced me to jazz never played a musical instrument of any kind! He simply loved jazz! He would sit in his recliner almost every night and listen while he read. He was a brilliant engineer who worked in the aviation industry. He was my best friends father. He understood the music and he explained many things about it to me.