View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Taste of our own medicine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I wish I had that problem. I got a little beater cheapo kit for my boys (ages 6 and 4) that's been sitting out in the garage for about the last year. They started showing a little interest, so I brought them in the living room a couple weeks ago for them to bang on. They each liked hitting the stuff for a few minutes but got mad at each other when the other was playing them (too loud!). They got sick of being mad at each other, apparently, and they both quit playing them.

So I thought I'd show them how fun and cool they could be... didn't work. They got mad at me!

Now they're back out in the garage.
Some friends bought my kid a little pseudo-marching drum for his 1st Christmas, and he has a small collection of kids percussion. It's not quite the obsession as say trains are right now, but he digs that dad plays the drums.

I'm getting him a set soon. I found a great deal on a low end Yamaha kit with a 20's bass drum, 10 and 12 rack toms with a 14" floor and matching snare.

If he doesn't stick with it, there is always the younger one.

And if neither sticks with it, I've got a great beater kit. My plan would then be to buy raw shells in the same sizes, and transfer over the hardware to the new shells, put 'em in a vintage wrap, and I can have that small vintage kit I've always wanted.