View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 05:30 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pat Metheny on Kenny G and other Jazz greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
Stan, This goes out to you.
A few months ago you posted some great vids of your playing.
I sent links to some musician friends of mine that explained that you were a friend on mine whose drumming I admired, Etc.
Keep in mind that only one of these people play jazz.
Everyone commented with polite statements that said something like this. I don't really understand jazz, but it sounded pretty good to me! Yada,Yada,Yada! They all said nice things about you and your band.
The guitar player who studied and plays jazz sent me a seven paragraph email that described in detail everything that he thought that was wrong with the performance!
Of course he didn't say what was correct!
I read the email, Deleted it, and I moved on with my life!
Get my point?
Sure do Bob.......everyone likes to be or is a critic to some extent or another in life especially musicians in particular I have learned and many are coming at it with a different set of "ears" and experience under their belt, everyone's different.

Can't please everyone since we all have different levels experience and angles to base what we know and feel off and what we personally dig.......

Let the music simply be which could be said in regards to the present discussion and totally get the point you're are getting across as you may have guessed :}

ISTANBUL AGOP CYMBALS
PEACE DRUMS

www.myspace.com/setstan