View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 02:00 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pat Metheny on Kenny G and other Jazz greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Nothing wrong with elevator music. Eventually all music hits the Musac scene. Even the Beatles. Racking up the royalties as they go. As long as somebody plays it they get paid.
Usually the record companies... does it always have to boil down be about money.....LOL!

Fine then.....waiting for the day when I walk into a elevator and hear Song X by Ornette Coleman playing over the speakers........waiting.....waiting........waiting ........:}

Why does everything have to be reduced to the ignore and background function for the listener?{elevator music}. Ties into more and more experiences i've had in clubs where people just jabber out loud about nothing the whole time no matter how good the music is on stage in front of them. We live in a ever increasingly detatched society in the way we interact with music i'm afraid the way we are currently trained and conditioned to view music. I was taught to listen to and respect the value of music growing up years back not to constantly ignore it or consider it as a mere "pleasant" background fodder experience. So many people don't like music they CAN"T ignore in our average society...believe that's part of the problem and evil allure of BG crap everywhere you go these days...no thought process or interaction to rock the happy boat. Teaches you NOT to listen or emotionally interact with the music and numbs and dumbs down what could be a more {hopefully} satisying musical experience. Danger Will Robinson...!!

Polly's right...times are a changing and not for the better in my book.

ISTANBUL AGOP CYMBALS
PEACE DRUMS

www.myspace.com/setstan