View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 05:01 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pat Metheny on Kenny G and other Jazz greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
That's not my point at all Bob. If people only get to be subjected to the lowest quality bland tasting fast food available in general at the store how are they to know what a better quality of food taste like if it gets further and further removed out of the general available mix to choose from or get exposed to?

My point is valid even if it comes across rather harsh.......

By the way i'll keep doing what i'm doing regardless which is by personal "attitude" and "choice" towards the pure love of the music that is important to me which is important to remember. I'm long over trying to preach to get converts at this stage of the game but will still stand up for what I know is right and wrong.

Freedom of choice.......which also means exposure to stuff off the beaten track in my view which is more and more getting marginalized in today's society.
Smooth Jazz has a low number of followers when you compare it to other forms of Pop Music. Smooth Jazz is just a drop in the ocean of music. It's not a force that is taking the world over.

Everyone has choice, Everyone is exposed to all forms of music. It's not hard to find the music that you like. All that one has to do is go to iTunes and explore.
No music is rammed down anyones throat!
People choose what they like as if they were in a super market.