View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 04:58 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pat Metheny on Kenny G and other Jazz greats

Excerpt from a satirical observation piece in today's paper:
All this outrage is outrageous
MYF WARHURST
26 March 2010

Ever get the feeling you're living in a world where those bitter old codgers from The Muppets, Statler and Waldorf, are sitting in the balcony seats above tut-tutting about everything? Of late, I do. And it's taking a toll on my mental health.

... enter stage left, Lady Gaga, who is in town at the moment. I'm fairly nonplussed by her music, but I do enjoy her outfits. Particularly her occasional wearing of the lampshade over her head as a fashion statement.

All was going swimmingly for Gaga until some moron in Sydney took their nine-year-old daughter to her gig and was outraged by the sexy content of show, saying it was inappropriate for a younger audience. How about doing some research before the show? Problem solved.

In absolute despair for the world in which I live, I figured, if I can't beat 'em, I'll join 'em. I can be outraged, too. So here goes . . .

I am outraged that sometimes KFC don't put enough salt on their chips, that Barbecue Shapes don't have enough of that green spice on them any more and that this week I was forced to look at yet another picture of Tony Abbott in new swimming togs that revealed he does some ''manscaping''. And that thought leaves me completely and utterly confused about life.
I guess if Pat just said, "I thought it was pretty tacky and Kenny G isn't my cup of tea" he wouldn't have made an impact on an outrage-addicted media. It's a shame that people have to shout to be heard these days.