View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 05:16 AM

Default Re: Derek Roddy here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddy View Post

i hope the transition to DW has been going well. i bet its much easier to get them in the US than it is to get sonor.

You can say that...I can't speak for Derek at all, but Sonor has issues...stuff like distribution in the states, customer service, artist support, etc. that leaves a lot to be desired. It's almost like Sonor doesn't really care about the US market.

It sucks, because I don't choose drums based on drummers I like, but it's still nice to have drummers you like playing the drums you choose.

Sonor lost Paul Bostaph and now Derek Roddy...you just can't lose this type of talent.

Oh well, I don't have the same 'situation' as those guys so I'll continue to pound away on my Sonors for the forseeable future...but I am sure every time I turn on the tv to watch a gig, no doubt most likely the drummer will be driving a DW rig...smart move by DW.

I wish the very best to Derek on his move to DW, it's a fantastic company with great product and they'll surely get him excellent support.

It was a sad day for a lot of us Sonor users when Derek left, but I respect his decision and I hope the brass at Sonor has taken notice and will wake the hell up.

Peace.