View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 02:31 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pat Metheny on Kenny G and other Jazz greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by con struct View Post
Okay, so it's not right in your books. Who ever said that Kenny G is the "real deal" where jazz is concerned? Of course Kenny G's music doesn't "follow a jazz path." That's because the guy doesn't play jazz, for crying out loud. I very much doubt that he's ever claimed to play jazz. He's a bloody pop star. So what? What does it matter to you, this is what I don't understand.
Because Jay his out of tune meandering penatonic pop noodling craps a big one over top of the thing with actual real substance underneath dimishing the original recording to the same level of complete mediocrity for those not knowing the difference unfortunately. Can I be any more clear on that for heaven's sake?

Yes i'm passionate about this kind of horrid disrespect both for the music and the musicians who's blood and trail blazing jazz life experiences went into it in the first place. No winners only loosers right across the board when these endeavors in the name of "music" and usually a quick money occur in my view.

No simple trolling or wallflower behavior here from me in this debate and thoughts on the subject......

ISTANBUL AGOP CYMBALS
PEACE DRUMS

www.myspace.com/setstan