View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 03:59 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Pat Metheny on Kenny G and other Jazz greats

When any artist bashes another artist...I tend to have a lower opinion of the guy doing the bashing. He might be a great musician, but great musicians can still have poor social skills. Art and expression are highly individual, and (ideally) shouldn't be subject to anothers moralities. Live and let others live. If you think it's tasteless, you have a right to your opinion, but to publicly bash an artist for a song....I think is equal to picking a fight. For no valid reason. It's childish. Personal expression shouldn't be forced to fit within a certain mold or we are all in trouble. OK so he tried something that failed in somes eyes. It's only art, it's not like it's an opressive and unfair law or anything. If you don't like it, change the channel, and stop complaining about anothers vision. Get over yourself and do something positive, flesh out your own vision instead of cutting someone else's down. Kenny G has a right to be bland and tasteless. (Not my opinion, I don't have one on Kenny,I'm just echoing the opinion of the percieved status quo) He's not hurting anyone. It's just soundwaves. Mind your own business. I don't care how much Pat has done, he has no right to say what Kenny should and shouldn't do, just like no one has the right to tell Pat what to play. Grow up.