View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 01:06 AM
toddy's Avatar
toddy toddy is offline
Platinum Member
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: isle of wight/london
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: Question About Musical Term (Or Lack Thereof?)

Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I think it's called timbre.

What really confuses me is when you look into the mirror you see yourself backwards, but does music get backwards when similarly reflected off a wall? :D
LOL! you know, i think it should, but sadly :(

yes its the timbre. it can be applied to many different instruments. if you feel like learning more about this stuff then i would recommend getting the AB guide to music theory (pink book) or something similar. there is also a music theory for dummies book which has some good charts and explanations! good luck.
Reply With Quote