View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Jeff Gordon #24

Default Re: How best to kick some one out of the band?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diosdude View Post
I had to edit my original post so you guys would chill out, again, IT'S A JOKE, PEOPLE, JUST RELAX.

I'm 38 years old, been in about a dozen all-original bands and about 4 or 5 cover bands so i'll give YOU the benefit of the doubt because you're probably not as good a judge of character or experience as you might think you are. Seriously, your condescending tone in your post is personally offensive. You may be 76 years old and have jammed with Jan and Dean, George Thoroughgood, Carole King and toured as Neil Peart's drum tech, but don't assume i just fell off the turnip truck. I've tried the nice guy approach on a few occasions, for example when our crack-head rhythm guitarist was recording our album with us and he kept f#@%ing up all of the riffs. I suggested to the studio engineer/ studio owner, "Hey man, let's just let Mike (my lead guitarist) do Tony's tracks". I got talked out of it because "well, he's part of the band and if he's helping to pay for the album don't you think if he's he deserves to be on the album?" My initial thought was, "no, he's going to srew up the track". Long story short, the album got ruined because of the guy, he didn't pay a cent, we kicked him out a few weeks later and i got "chump" stamped on my forehead. So again, how exactly did being the nice guy in this SITCH end up being the right thing to do???

You lost me at "condescending" and "personally offensive".

And I'M not a good judge of character?

In short...never mind.