View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Jeff Gordon #24

Default Re: How best to kick some one out of the band?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diosdude View Post
If i truly sucked at something, i would want someone to tell me so. I would rather be the guy that is cruel to someone's face and let them know that they were awful than be the "nice guy" who tries to nourish and encourage a lost cause to that person's face and then privately, behind their back on some internet forum rant about how awful that person was and how great a guy i was for not hurting their feelings.

Tough love.

Honesty is the best policy, not saying you have to be cruel, but for god's sake, I'm a man, treat me like a man, if you have criticism, let me have it, i can take it and i can't grow without it.

But as moldy pointed out, I'm a metalhead. Maybe if i played kid's music or light adult contemporary I'd try Pollyanna's "It's not you, it's me, we should see other bands" thing, lol.
Hey d...honest positive criticism is fine. But to downright blast someone for the sake of being honest is NOT the best way to handle this.

I'm guessing you're probably not as old as I am. So I give you the benefit of the doubt. You haven't been on this earth as long as I have, and your experiences have really not backfired on you like it has with some of us who've gone through this "sitch", as you call it.

I can assure you it's NOT in anyone's benefit to be harsh to the intended individual when confronted with this awkward situation. You can succeed in accomplishing the intended outcome without resorting to a mean-spirited parting of ways. Which, in turn could create a potentially "hazardous" outcome, if it's done with disrespect and ill-intent. Like pbloxam says, there's no reason to insult.

Every action causes an opposite and equal reaction. So you may wanna be a bit on the "civil" side here. And this CAN be accomplished without sacrificing honesty.

I do believe that you and I are not too far from agreeing with each other, diosdude. Just a slight difference of opinion. So there's really not much more I can say about this.

Good Luck