View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: How best to kick some one out of the band?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Gordon #24 View Post
I agree with you for the most part, diosdude. But what is gained by being confrontational at the point of letting someone know that there services aren't needed any longer?

I've always thought that you can get more with sugar than you can with vinegar. And this philosophy has worked for me much more than it hasn't.

Besides, you may regret being so brazen in your way of dropping a band mate more than you realize. And the next thing you know, you're dead of lead poisoning.

Not to be corny but, you may wanna treat others like YOU wanna be treated. Most of the time, pain won't follow that practice.

If i truly sucked at something, i would want someone to tell me so. I would rather be the guy that is cruel to someone's face and let them know that they were awful than be the "nice guy" who tries to nourish and encourage a lost cause to that person's face and then privately, behind their back on some internet forum rant about how awful that person was and how great a guy i was for not hurting their feelings.

Tough love.

Honesty is the best policy, not saying you have to be cruel, but for god's sake, I'm a man, treat me like a man, if you have criticism, let me have it, i can take it and i can't grow without it.

But as moldy pointed out, I'm a metalhead. Maybe if i played kid's music or light adult contemporary I'd try Pollyanna's "It's not you, it's me, we should see other bands" thing, lol.