View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Jeff Gordon #24

Default Re: How best to kick some one out of the band?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diosdude View Post
Ah... 'tis a much CRUELER thing to let someone float through life wasting other artist's time because of DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR. Hey, some people can bounce back, work harder and practice more and the "how-do-ya-like-me-now?" motivation could be just what they need. It has been my experience though that when it comes to vocalists/ singers, as in the case of the original poster, you've either got it or you don't. No amount of practice is going to make a truly poor singer into a great one so the best thing to do to those people is shut them down and crush any singing ambitions from their heart-of-hearts. You see THOSE people at nickel beer Karaoke every Tuesday at the Come On Inn.
I agree with you for the most part, diosdude. But what is gained by being confrontational at the point of letting someone know that their services aren't needed any longer? Especially when they're right there, in person. Uhhh...awkward.

I've always thought that you can get more with sugar than you can with vinegar. And this philosophy has worked for me much more than it hasn't.

Besides, you may regret being so brazen in your way of dropping a band mate more than you realize. And the next thing you know, you're dead of lead poisoning.

Not to be corny but, you may wanna treat others like YOU wanna be treated. Most of the time, pain won't follow that practice.

Last edited by Jeff Gordon #24; 03-17-2010 at 02:50 PM.