Thread: John Bonham
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 12:11 AM

Default Re: Bonham on Bonham - a new book is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTHA JASON
i've always thought they should write a script about john, with zep in the background...his tragedy combined with his huge personality and obviously awesome drumming would make a highly entertaining and moving screenplay. but who would they get to act as bonzo?

j
If I was to write a script about a dead member of one of the world's biggest rock and roll bands ever, I would probably want the blessing of the three remaining member's, and possibly want them involved. Honestly, by the way Jimmy, Jonesy, and Robert address the issue of John Bonham, it seems to be an incredibly sensitive subject. Personally, by the way the media treated John Bonham, his family, and the band when he died, I don't think there is the slightest chance there will ever be a movie based on John Bonham's life. I don't think the three of them would ever approve of such a movie, but not like it's thier choice, anyways, but if there is a right way to write a movie about him, it would have to involve at least Jimmy, but I don't think that would ever happen.

IMO...