Thread: Yin yang thing
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: YIN YANG THING!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
You know, that was a pretty awesome attempt at showing how something without a pattern has a pattern.

Because even in the example I gave, the "songs" still have a starting point and ending point. And from that, parts can be predicted.

So yeah, I think you kind of nailed it.
This is like saying there's a reason for everything that happens, whether we know the reason or not. However chaos theory makes such predictions beyond the realm of the practical.

If a chimp plays a series of random notes on the piano, we will have a melody of sorts but rhythm implies some level of repetition, which is unlikely. You could perhaps run it through a program that could detect commonalities but that would be impractical. It would be easier and make more sense to add a synth backing and random percussive sounds and call it Etude Obliquitie a la Pan Troglodytes No 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparrot
...this is when Graham Chapman marches onscreen dressed as the Colonel and goes, "Right, stop that! This is just too silly!"
Al, silly is what I do :) There's probably a reason for that as well Did you ever notice that your username is kind of connected to mine - parrot ... Polly? And we both draw cartoons. Serendipity perhaps? Is there a reason? Sorry, I'm being silly again :)