View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: So, what is it with Steve Gadd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreggy View Post
Keep in mind that whatever gig he is playing on any given day, it's likely the best damn gig available that day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd
I love how armchair quarterbacks sit around and critique the greats. Gadd has made a living every day of his life by playing the drums. How many of you can say that? He's played with the greatest musicians known. How many of you can say that? He attended two of the finest music university's in the world. How many of you can say that? The man is a total professional. How many of you can say that?
Please guys...! I understand the importance and also the musical genius of Steve Gadd, and I don't want to take away from him, but I think the points in this thread are already made, and in comments like this from you Spreggy there is clearly a fan of Gadd's speaking, which not everybody necessarily is at the same amount. I mean how can you say the venue Gadd is playing at will be the best gig available that day??

And bigd, please let's not start another you-only-are-allowed-to-critique-someone-if-you-play-as-well argument! That's totally annoying, and irrelevant to a certain degree.