View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: international stage fright (a new thing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbike View Post
We were supposed to play limerick on the thursday but we got that gig in waterford instead. Supposedly that thursday night is going to be killer because friday is GOOD FRIDAY and everything is closed so it will basically be like a friday night.

I don't know how much free time we will have, probably plenty during the day it's going to be a breeze compared to what we do in texas. We usually play 4 hour shows till 2 in the morning but most of these gigs are 45 minute sets or 2 hours at the most. We aren't staying extra we are basically packing in as many shows as we can in a week. I just hope we do good and get asked back I would love to make it a regular thing we can do every year.
I've seen your stuff too, and I assure you, you'll go down very well. Because you're playing material with an Irish lilt, you might get the odd purist being critical but the majority of punters will be honoured an overseas act values music of Irish origin. You're going to blast it! Pity you're not taking a little step into the UK. I'd sure travel to see you guys. Good luck, but I doubt you'll need it.