Thread: Mike Portnoy
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2006, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Mike Portnoy

OK, this is getting rediculous. First of all, this post is not meant to be a bashing post, but I can't gurantee it won't turn into one.

OK, here we go:
First, if "theres no real way to be sure," then why don't you give it a rest? You can hate DT all you want, that's fine by me. But please save it for a DT bashing thread or something, not this thread which is supposed to be for positive input.

Second, even if DT does copy people, they are still one of the most original bands I have ever heard.

Third, the only bashing here is not by CarterB. Right now, it's by all of us (yes, me too). I just don't see how you can come into this thread and profess about how (and I quote) "lame" DT is and not consider it bashing.

Next, "there's putting your own spin on things and then there's the kind of stuff that DT do all over the place." I really think "all over the place" is going too far.

Lastly, I can't get over how much research and effort you put into your DT bashing. I simply must give you applause. It's always been my dream to become a loser with nothing better to do than rip on bands.
(OK, that was harsh, but my point is, you have your opinion. Why do feel the need to try to change other's. You've made your point, and no opinions have been changed. Put a sock in it.)