View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Springsteen sues local bar owner for copyright infringement

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
LOL, where does it stop? I mean really how many rules and regulations can we have? The Music Police???? really? just what the world needs.. I swear every time I hear these we are the world (save Haiti) BS gatherings I think of crap like this.

These big time ego maniac musicians are in it just for the almighty $, and if you think differently than you are sorely mistaken. I for one am happy you guys did what you did. Pay some greedy talentless hack money for playing the radio (a free public service BTW) in your restaurant. Pffft, I don;t think so. No wonder why music interest is fading. Not much difference between a politician and a professional musician nowadays.(Good job lars)

Of course I don't mean every single pro musician so save the you can't lump every one into the same jar BS argument for someone who has not heard it before.
Actually, music is fading because of people who have the attitude that a musician's work should always be free.

Never mind how much a drum set costs, never mind how much lessons, rehearsal time, studio time and work it takes to create music, people think it should just be free and blame anyone who thinks otherwise for being greedy.

But try to going to the grocery store and getting groceries, and not paying for them, or not paying your rent/mortgage because you're a musician. Doesn't work.

And radio isn't a free service, that's why they sell advertising.

Really, learn how the music business works. Read some books, take a class. Learn about how songwriters actually get paid.