View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:08 AM
nhzoso

Default Re: Springsteen sues local bar owner for copyright infringement

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
I remember way back when in the early eighties. I was helping a friend of mine run a small Mexican restaurant. One eve, a guy walked in and he said that we had to stop playing the radio in the dinning room unless we paid royalties to ASCAP.
We thought that he was a freak or something. We didn't believe him. We took him out back and we beat the crap out of him like we used to do to all of the freaks that came into the joint. An hour later a cop walked in and we were arrested for assault. Apparently we had broken one of this guys ribs and his nose. Oh Well! Do-Do Happens!
We had to call in some favors from some Low Friends In High Places to get out of that one!
We didn't do any time but we had to pay that jerks hospital bill.
That was my first introduction to ASCAP.

LOL, where does it stop? I mean really how many rules and regulations can we have? The Music Police???? really? just what the world needs.. I swear every time I hear these we are the world (save Haiti) BS gatherings I think of crap like this.

These big time ego maniac musicians are in it just for the almighty $, and if you think differently than you are sorely mistaken. I for one am happy you guys did what you did. Pay some greedy talentless hack money for playing the radio (a free public service BTW) in your restaurant. Pffft, I don;t think so. No wonder why music interest is fading. Not much difference between a politician and a professional musician nowadays.(Good job lars)

Of course I don't mean every single pro musician so save the you can't lump every one into the same jar BS argument for someone who has not heard it before.