Default Re: DRUM INSTRUCTION DVD & BOOK REVIEWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappow View Post
NAME:
Secret Weapons for the Modern Drummer - by JoJo Mayer

STAR RATING:
# # # # # (#)

WORDED RATING:
I took a quick look and didn't find anyone who has reviewed this DVD, so I figured I would correct this. I give this DVD an optional 6th star simply because it blew me away!

TARGET AUDIENCE:
All playing levels - Anyone looking to improve their hand technique.

PUBLISHED BY:
Hudson Limited

DESCRIPTION:
In this DVD, Mayer covers pretty much every good hand technique there is. Although this DVD is more encyclopedic than most others, Jojo really has a great way of explaining the techniques crisply and accurately. Plus the grooves he throws in really show off what's capable when you bust out the "secret weapons". Personally, I am just learning Moeller strokes (correctly this time around) but I know that there is so much more to cover. I can't wait to get to the push-pull, and one handed roll! Jojo is a phenomenal drummer and I have gained much from his instruction with this DVD.
DITTO....!!!!!

Just got this today and man can that guy play! 3hrs of good solid technique that is all explained VERY well. After viewing this vid I don't know whether to quit or push on.....lol
There's a LOT that a beginner like me can use and I'll have the vid when I progress to tackling the harder stuff. GREAT vid........imho