Thread: Matt Sorum
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Matt Sorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbe
The kit in the picture looks like a RTC, the badge and the long lugs + cymbal tilters. Really cool custom? finish on it! That picture is from the GNR era, you can see a member of GNR in the background.
Yes sorry about that, your right. That is with GNR, you can see Dizzy Reed in the background. I failed to see him when I first looked at the photo! He used that perticular kit live in the very early days when he was with GNR (early 1991?).

Quote:
I think that it's not as important which drums you play after developing some touch on the instrument. Matt sounds like himself on every brand of a drum set.
That is so true.

Quote:
I remember that Matt Sorum reunited with The Cult after quitting G'N'R. Did they release some albums also?
He reunited with The Cult around 2000 I think. He made one album with them, "Beyond Good and Evil". Its a pretty good album so I've heard, I haven't listened to it though. That is the first Cult album Matt drummed on, he had only performed live with them in the 80s.

Quote:
So... which Cult albums should I get?
I would get the Greatest Hits collection from them titled "Pure Cult (Best Of The Cult)", I have it and its excellent. If you want a studio album I would also recommend "Sonic Temple", its their best album.

I might order the live dvd that they have out from 2001, its supposed to be very good. Another good chance to see Matt in action once again too!

Regards
GNRFAN