Thread: Matt Sorum
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Matt Sorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNRFAN
Yes what you are saying is totally true about what drummers use "officialy" live etc.

He used Sonor with The Cult in the late 1980s. You might just be able to see the Sonor logo on one of his rack toms below.

I'm pretty sure when he left The Cult he changed to Yamaha straightaway.

I agree with you about hearing the Yamaha tones in the drums of the albums, his drums sounded the same live when he played with the Yamaha Rock Tour Custom. Which leads me again to say he did use the Yamaha on the recordings, just my opinion though!

Regards
GNRFAN
The kit in the picture looks like a RTC, the badge and the long lugs + cymbal tilters. Really cool custom? finish on it! That picture is from the GNR era, you can see a member of GNR in the background.

I think that it's not as important which drums you play after developing some touch on the instrument. Matt sounds like himself on every brand of a drum set.

I remember that Matt Sorum reunited with The Cult after quitting G'N'R. Did they release some albums also? I am interested in this band, even though I haven't heard them much. I just happened to hear the singer Ian Astbury on Tony Iommi's solo album "Iommi". I think Astbury has one of the greatest voices in the rock genre today. Drummer on that song "Flame on" is Matt Cameron, another favourite of mine.
So... which Cult albums should I get?

My Yamaha Recording Customs

Last edited by Simbe; 01-18-2006 at 02:41 AM.