View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 03:29 PM

Default Re: What do you make of this quote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
[indent]"We live in an age of music for people who don't like music. The record industry discovered some time ago that there aren't that many people who actually like music. For a lot of people, music's annoying, or at the very least they don't need it. They discovered if they could sell music to a lot of those people, they could sell a lot more records."
I dont think I've ever met anyone that doesn't like music. I have met people that don't particularly understand it but listen, smile and move to it..sometimes not so well. And I have met people that do get it, and are very picky to the point of snobbish. And I have met people that are somewhere in the vast in between.
In 55 years I honestly don't remember meeting anyone that does not like music. I suppose I just didn't know maybe...
Music is what separates us from the critters...oh and using tools...and recreational sex..
OK for the MOST part anyway.
All the modern marketing and trends and other related CRAP, I DO find annoying. I'm a throwback hunter gatherer low brow simple man that likes to make loud noises. And I have no problem with that. Thinking too much hurts my brain, but I'm stuck here. So I bang the drums, get in the woods, get on the water...whatever it takes.