View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 03:53 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
What amazed me about Avatar was not the 3D, which I took for granted pretty quickly, but its beauty - the scenery, the animals, the Na'vi. My eyes couldn't get enough of it.
Exactly. It looks and feels amazingly real, but like something new, that we've never seen before. There were parts of it that brought actual tears to my eyes through sheer beauty. Breathtaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaard View Post
Hah, I didnt even know he made Avatar after Titanic. Well, I'm more or less avoiding big blockbuster movies since I saw that god-awful Pearl Harbour movie som years ago. Now I mostly watch Ingmar Bergman, David Lynch and those sort of deeper movies. Last year I tried to watch as many noir movies as possible, but there wasnt that many of them that were any interesting. Sometimes though, It's cool with easy to like movies, but then I pop in some zombie-movies or ace venture. Sort of a guilty pleasure..
haha yeah Pearl Harbor literally was a disaster. I too like independent film though and love the small screen. I've been doing a lot about recently on a module at uni. A great English director I love is Shane Meadows. You should check him out.