View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: circa 1971 pic of Bob Da Druma

Quote:
Originally Posted by crdirtRider856 View Post
Its cool that you still have those pics man! As far as setting up and playing outside... it IS the best but try doing that these days and you ll have the police there within minutes(unless you have a very large property) !!! And nothing helps your posture like a perfectly adjusted piece of wood, LOL. What was mounted on that bass drum ride mount? A cowbell?
Yes, I used the cymbal mount for a cowbell. I don't think that it occurred to me that it was for your ride cymbal!
All of my cymbal stands were wobbly! The bass and hat pedals were leather drive. The cymbals were called "Krut" or something like that. They sounded like their name!

I replaced the cymbals with Zildjian new beats and A's. I replaced the pedal with a Speed King.

Behind my house was a large cemetery. No dead people ever complained about the noise!
There were four neighbors that sometimes bitched a little. I terrorized them for it! I was a rotten kid! I was always in detention at school. Every cop in town knew me well!
I hadn't learned how to deal with my anger problems yet. That came later when I was about 16.

Last edited by bobdadruma; 01-17-2010 at 05:45 PM.