View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Sorry guys i dislike terry bozzio.

When I was younger, I remember a number of drummers that were probably the most accomplished at their craft, and went way beyond the music style they played to show off their abilities. I'm sure guys like Benny Goodman and Glen Miller did not originally care for their over playing but eventually accepted them as superstars of the drum kit. And they would not have qualified as good session drummers by some people's standards around here. I'm talking, of course, about guys like Rich, Krupa and Belson. But honestly, what is wrong with drummers jumping the tracks and becoming more than the sum of their band members? Who says we cannot have any of these in modern times? Sometimes I think we over analyze things, get too sensitive to other musician's opinions, or get conditioned like pavlovs dog to take the role of a background musician per the instructions of studio engineers and producers. I really don't understand why guys that try to break that mold get criticized for it, especially by fellow drummers.