View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: What is the point, or meaning of life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambizzi View Post
It grows on ya, Polly. Grab a copy of Aenima and/or Lateralus and just stick it in the CD player in the car for a while.

I really didn't get it or care for it at first...but Tool is an acquired taste. ;) Definitely one of my favorite rock bands today.
Zambizzi, I've heard a lot of Tool. Maynard writes some excellent lyrics but is almost always buried so far down in the mix that you can't make out the words! I also wish they didn't have that grunty metal-sounding guitar in every single track. I wouldn't mind the occasional happy tune either - and bear in mind this is coming from an old Crimson fan - lol. There is a reason why Tool gigs are not not packed out with middle-aged women. Having said that I like 46 and 2 and Schism.

May I recommend Dusty Springfield to you and other Tool fans. She's a brilliant vocalist and has done some fine tracks - Try I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself or Spooky or All Cried Out.

Bear in mind, she's an acquired taste but if you keep her Best of CD in the car, the music will grow on you :)