View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 02:18 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Living the dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer View Post
Sorry Polly, bars and pubs for the most part, a few dedicated live music venues a couple restaurants and one outdoor band shell, (which was pretty amazing).

Really looking forward to Milford Sound, part of the deal we worked out is getting out on one of the tour boats, should prove to be as jaw dropping as I've seen in pics - but yeah, this place is all one big postcard, insane how much the landscape changes over such short distances. Lots of sheep. Dunedin was for sure a bit of a trip into the past, especially Port Chalmers, where we played. Currently in Queenstown, reminds me a lot of Whistler, there are obvious similarities in landscape, but the people remind me too, I've met more foreigners than locals so far... no one actually seems to be from here.
Nice mix of gigs, jer. Listening to your band's tracks right now and I can see how you guys would go down well in NZ. Great music! Kiwis seem to like that kind of offbeat pop. In Sydney's musical heyday in the 70s and 80s the NZ bands tended towards quirkiness and classy musicianship - Split Enz, DD Smash, Dragon and Crowded House, which was fronted by a Neil Finn from Split Enz. I'm sure you've noticed that Maoris tend to be naturally good singers too.

We were lucky at Milford Sound because there are more rainy days than sunny ones. Even if it's raining I'm sure it will be a buzz.