View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Living the dream.

Thanks jer, interesting. A lot of organisation needed. Still don't know what kind of venues you're playing at, though :)

As you would have guessed, I took that pic at Milford Sound - such a spectacular place. I got up in the morning after three days at sea, walked out on to the deck and straight into a real life postcard. I ran back to the room and to see my (then) very cynical nephew, "Wake up! You have to see this!". He grumbled his way out of bed, walked onto the deck, then his jaw dropped and he said "[Fornicate] off!" in that way that young guys do when they are blown away :)

Dunedin on the other side of south island is nowhere near as pretty but I liked its rustic mood. It was like going back in time. Christchurch has a nice feel and Napier's great if you like art deco architecture (which I do).

Can't talk about all the practice paying off, though, because I've done diddly-squat. I'm just grateful I can play an instrument, really. People who can't play are often wish they could. From what I can tell you're enjoying the icing on the cake :)