View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 03:09 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Used and Abused.

Yeah, but the deal is man, they're all in on this.

The singer is the jerk's sister, and the bassist and him were in on this plan together as well. They didn't want to pay a drummer, so they offer one a spot on the band roster until the recordings were done, then they dumped the sucker. The sucker being me.

It's not about the money, the tracks, or even the credit (although all of that would be really nice.) It's about principle. The guy deserves a swift kick in the nads and the shins for doing this. He needs to learn that he can't go around using people to get shit done. Cause I'm not the only person he's done something like this, too. The way he sees things, is that everyone is around to do service for him, whether it's help on our transcription assignments, recording for his band, or transposing charts for his jazz combo. He's a user and an abuser and he needs to learn that he can't get away with this stuff all the time. In simple terms; he's just a bully.

I'm pissed because I would never do anything like this to anyone. Your name and reputation is the end-all and be-all in the music industry. I treat everyone I've ever played with with respect, care, and compassion because that's what they deserve. He lies, cheats, and deceives everyone he plays with. Obviously he's not the only one who does this, but I can't stand by knowing that he's going to do this to someone else, and is doing this to someone else. I'm sure you can all empathize with that feeling.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support in this matter. Unfortunately, the lawyer states that there isn't much I can do, because I don't have any hard proof that I did anything, and the only way I could get anything would be if the jerk admitted that I played for him, which isn't going to happen. All I can do is spread the word that the guy is a jerk who no one should deal with or trust.

The sad part is, this experience has really affected my relationships with others negatively. I now feel like I have to be on my guard, waiting to be stabbed in the back by my friends. I put a lot of trust in this guy, and he abused it. I don't want that to happen again. He's also a good friend with one of my good friends, and I feel as though what happened with him is going to ruin that friendship as well.

We shall see. Again, thanks for your support guys, it means a lot.