View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 06:55 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Used and Abused.

LOL thanks Knockout, read what you wrote xD I don't think he's smart enough to clue in on it, but the effort is definitely appreciated, it made me smile.

I have no idea, my dad has a friend who is a lawyer (who actually deals with businesses) so we're just going to talk to him to see if it's worthwhile pursuing this or not. I mean, I would be getting royalties as I wrote my own part, but if I'm going to be paying hundreds of dollars in fees to get cents in return, then what's the point, right?

After this incident, I wrote up a basic contract regarding my services, so I can get in writing that the person agrees to pay me for my work, give me the mastered copies of tracks I've played on, and give me credit for any work on the album that I do. I'm also going to start keeping receipts, so I know who has paid me for my work and who hasn't.

But jeez man, this really cheeses me. Has anyone had any similar experiences they can share? I'm not an in your face kind of guy, I don't like physical confrontations, especially when my academic career is at stake.

Also, I don't know much about the legal system, so I don't know anything about small claims courts or the like but I can definitely find out. I really want someone to just slap this guy upside the head really hard.

I want to know what his parents think, cause they really liked me...