View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Pop Music in General

Quote:
-What is with the single mounted tom being WAY over to the left and angled totally flat. It's completely innaccessible. I know this because I tried it once thinking that it looked cool (Which I have to admit, it kinda does) and it sucked completely. Who would punish themselves like this in the name of style?
I don't why the hell some "hip" drummers do that, I have tried to do that and from my perspective (sitting on the drum throne ofcourse) the tom profile is so tiny, maybe because the drummers are tall and it's easy for them...but how does that have anything to do with pop music?

Quote:
-I get very irritated when I hear those idiot DJs on the local pop stations (I don't listen to them I just have freiends with bad taste). Not only do they play the same three crappy songs over and over again (Billboard's#1, #2, and #3) but they actually INTERRUPT the "Music" by vomiting forth their own generic comments. I don't care how great you think Lady Gaga is, you don't need to say so DURING THE "SONG"!
...and those superstar DJs pretend to make their own music:

"Whoa, I'm so awesome, add a drum machine, and put one song over another and it's done"

...and don't get me started on electro music...!