View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 04:14 PM
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER

Default Re: Cliff Almond here.....

Hey Aydee-
Back in NY now...thanks so much for the compliments. It was great to finally get to India. Everyone was so nice while we were there. It was great to meet you as well. Im sorry that the schedule was so tight otherwise we could have talked a bit more. We literally went from the gig to eat and then directly to the airport.
As I mentioned to you when we spoke, we definitely had some equipment issues that day. When we got to the gig, the bass amp didn't work and they had the wrong guitar amp...(they actually sent another one but it didn't work either!) Fortunately I didn't have as much of a problem with my stuff as the other guys did. The drums were not great but they were playable.
I'm not usually one to make too much of an issue like this, because equipment issues can be expected on some level when traveling. However, in this situation we had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep for 3 nights in a row, and the plan was to do a quick check and leave to get some rest. However the equipment was not what we requested, and what they sent didn't even work. (The bass amp was distorting and they wanted AJ to play through it anyway...)We ended up waiting there for 3 hours for the right gear to show up instead of sleeping...so that was a bit frustrating. Quite often in an attempt to save money, promoters will ignore equipment ryders and just tell you that it's "the best they can do"....This particular promoter kept smiling at us and saying "thanks for your understanding..." but didn't really seem to care about fixing the problem.
Fortunately for us the other gigs in India were not like this. The equipment worked and everything worked out fine. Not the case in New Delhi for some reason. At any rate, we still ended up having a decent gig and people seemed to like it so that's all that counts in the end!
Again I really appreciate your kind words and meeting everyone there. I hope to see you again at some point...

Thanks-
CA