View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Top 10 Guitar Solos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I love your list Polyanna; in fact your entire post. A guitar solo that I love is Grant Geissman on Chuck Mangione's " Feels so Good." I know the song isn't everyones cup of tea, but even if it's not, what a guitar solo.
Cheers Derek. Which version? There are a few versions on YouTube.

As a child of the 60s and 70s I've always been a sucker for a good guitar solo. Sadly, they're pretty dated these days. I realsed this when I tried playing my nephew some songs with great guitar solos and he looked at me as though I was offering him a cat's dropping in a bun (with sauce).

Then he'd play me some psychedelic techno thing, that started off really well but repeated itself out of interestingness after about 16 bars.

A fair bit of David Gilmour on this page. He's a pretty simple lead player when compared with most of the other guys listed but he's so tasty. He always seems to find the note you're hoping he will play next.

Crisp E, I was maybe neglectful in omoitting Bob Fripp's work but I've always liked the role he plays in songs more than the solos in themselves. The Baby On Fire one is a scorcher, though.