View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: theatrical attire onstage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCirino View Post
Assuming your proposal is not a joke, that may be the worst idea I have ever heard. How could anyone take you seriously dressed like the United Nations. Just a few questions though. Why would a Filipino where Chinese garb and have a Shao-Lin hairstyle? Wouldn't a barong Tagalog would be more appropriate. Why would the Irish guy wear a kilt? Irish men don't wear kilts, Scotsman do. I'm also certain that not all Jews are Rabbis, some might even be offended by someone pretending to be one, you know like Catholics and Priests. Maybe, you should dress as the signs of the Zodiac, like Spinal Tap proposed. That'll get their attention. Or you could just play better than the other bands on the bill, that always impresses me and makes me remember a band.
How could anybody take YOUR band seriously?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4-5F...eature=channel
They look like a bunch of Mon-Fri 9-5'er white collar dudes going to a sunday barbecue, not a metal band.

The Philippines is not a distinct, individual culture. The General population is descended from a global mish-mash of gene pools including Taiwanese, Spaniard, Chinese, Indian, and aboriginal. Although Catholicism is the majority, Hinduism and Bhuddism are widely practiced. The cheongsam jacket is widely worn in all of asia, from china, malaysia, Thailand, Korea, Vietnam and the Philippines.

As for Kilts, the Ulster, Tara, and Clodagh are recognized as distinctly IRISH kilts, while there are family Tartans worn by Irish clans and also generic national kilts.

If someone gets bent out of shape if Doug looks like a rabbi, well there's a saying that there's no such thing as NEGATIVE publicity.

Seriously, I've been to some concerts where the guys have had hideous garb (Tool as Ozzfest when Maynard wore a skirt and a bra comes to mind) But seriously, you're more apt to remember a band that stands out visually than one that does not.

The zodiac thing sounds interesting. What would you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
What is the name of the band, and what kind of music do you play.??
Burn the skies- progressive rock/ metal
www.myspace.com/burntheskies
www.burntheskies.com

Last edited by diosdude; 10-17-2009 at 02:11 PM.