View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 05:45 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: New Ddrum Pocket kit and Tama Metalworks snare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohal View Post
wow! that looks so nice and to add to my love i actually might be getting one :D

where do you find the second hand kits in the Uk??

i cant seem to find that many except a couple on ebay
I found it in a music shop near me called PMT, it's a chain actually. You can't argue with 350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldy View Post
Good choice on the Metalworks snare, size and all! I've been singing its praises since I got mine back in December. My first drum that I grew really attached to :)

Oh, and just for everyone to hear: Good bearing edges and unchipped paint?
I love the snare, out of all the drums its my favorite just ahead of the kick :P
Ive only checked the edges on the kick so far and all is good. As for the paint it's a good finish but there are a couple of little chips on the kick. I think was from in the shop when moving around. They'e behind lugs too so you can't really see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.funkenstien View Post
Congrats! what do you think of the deep kick drum? do you find it gets muddy? or actually lots of good proection. I'm in a pickle between getting a 22 x 16 kick or a 22 x 20 kick. Not sure. Nice finish by te way, classic.
20x20 is the way forward! I love it loads of low end but it retains that punchiness. My old kit had a 22x16 and didn't like it that much. I know 22x20 is considered a 'fashion' but would so many people have it if it sounded bad?