View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Busking rules in Sydney ... your area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
The easiest life forms to administer, manage, control.Its painless. Any government. Any country. Any era. They love us Gulimatons.
Sure. The more people there are, the more restrictions are made to keep people treading on each others' toes. Fair enough, and - let's face it - musicians tend to be an eccentric, hedonistic and scruffy bunch which can be offensive to the delicate sensibilities of some in the upper and ruling classes. We don't attract a lot of interest from lawmakers.

Trouble is, it's not just we oddball musos who miss out through this sloppy legislative situation, it's also Joe and Josephine Average who enjoy a little non-threatening street theatre and, despite having their lives rules by work deadlines and driving kids to sport, are looking to LIVE rather than just exist. That's what this is all about IMO.

Grunter, I think you're on to something there! If I bore the council workers into submission with an eloquent (ie. prolix) soliloquy about the importance of providing vibrancy to cities and how that will help tourism and the balance of payments bla bla bla they'll still tell us to go away but at least probably miss out on the fine ... first time, anyway.

If we get fined I'll go to the tabloids and current affairs shows and turn it into a civil disobedience campaign - the soulless government machine trampling the harmless middle aged woman and friends who just want to give people pleasure with their music hehehe