View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 07:02 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pop Music in General

When I hear some 'pop' 'music' i cringe. Like Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga...Songs are very similar, lots of silly lyrics, melodies that can be catchy but usually just annoying. And has anyone heard Lady Gaga in an interview? I know where she got her name, and as much as she says so her lyrics are not intelligent ('I want to take a ride on your disco stick'...gee, that takes a lot of thought!). I also get annoyed when other musicians (like jazz or classical musicians) put in loads and loads of time practising and not getting paid a whole lot while these pop starts playing their teenybopper music get to live the expensive life.

Also, Australian Idol (and probably the variations in other countries)...it's annoying how the judges always comment about the energy of the performer, the feeling they put in, or their passion for music, but hardly ever comment on anything musical such as timbre, pitch, rhythmic tightness etc...

rant over.

edit...the post sounds pretty negative :p there is some pop music i like, usually the earlier it is the more i like it.