Thread: Travis Barker
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 05:11 AM

Default Re: Travis Barker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingStone000 View Post
He is a very humble cat, I'll give you that. And I know he's a big Buddy Rich fan, and personality wise he's probably the polar opposite of Buddy. I've come to realize that it's not Barker I have a problem with, it's his damn fans (and the young ones in particular, who haven't been exposed to other things and may never be). And fans of drummers in general, they're the ones who start comparing one guy to another which ultimately comes down to the viewer/listeners perspective and preferences.

I didn't mean it as he was complaining, but about a year or so after that first Blink album with him on it came out he gradually started posing with his lips pouting (don't know if it's because of the lip ring or what). To me, it makes him look like a douche. And I've seen interviews with him and he doesn't do that, but you put him in a photo shoot, and the guy
looks like he's pursing his lips.
Yeah I agree with you about the fans. And for some people to compare Travis to other drummers from a different genre of music, who are escpecially known for DRUMMING, not Blink 182, I think is ridiculous.

About weather or not you think Travis looks like a douche, is your opinion lol. I think it may just be his facial posture???
heh.