View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Opening a Rehearsal Room Studio

Zoot, you are a BRAVE man! Having to put up with feral muso crap all the time. Beer bottles, ciggie and joint stubs, spilt drinks. People nicking stuff. Slow decay of the house drum kit through it being beaten into submission, cracked cymbals, fittings broken through over-tightening by Neanderthals and godawful tuning (I know, I hired a studio's kit many times for rehearsals last year before I bought myself another kit. It took me ages to sort out the mistreatment before playing). Then you have the no-shows. And credit ... "Hey man, I haven't got any cash on me now but I'll get it to you next week - promise, man!". Guitarists tend to be skilled at this game. Then there's the long hours.

The guy who owns and runs our practice studio is also a friend. He looks tired most of the time ...

But hey, but I don't want to be discouraging! lol ... Go for it! You will have my respect and admiration (and sympathy :) At least your band will have its own space, priority bookings, you can play kit at any time, you'll have lots of contacts and be integrated in the scene. It's just not for the faint-hearted, but you already know that, I'm sure.