View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 06:43 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Todd Sucherman here!

Quote:
I was really unfamiliar with Deen's playing until we did a Styx/Journey tour together in the U.S. back in 2003. We became pals and I think the world of him---and what a brilliant singer. Man. I'd love to do a clinic in Perth. I have no touring plans to make it down there, sadly, but if someone spearheaded an Australian clinic run, I'd be there as soon as I could. Thanks again, Damien!
Most of the distributors are playing their coins very close to the chest at the moment, so I cant see anything happening short-term either, but Ill keep my ears open :(

Ive gotta say, I like to run clinics as "Sabian" events, as I usually like to work closely with Ann McNally and the National Sabian wholesalers, Dynamic - Its just easy dealing with them - Great people!

We've had great success in the past with guys like Jojo Mayer, John Blackwell, Mike Portnoy, Kenny Aronoff, Tomas Haake, Dom Famularo - but admittedly most were already IN the country doing other events, so the hope is that perhaps one year you are able to do the Ultimate Drummers Weekend, or something of that ilk - and then I can steal you out to the West for a day or two :)