View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 03:25 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Todd Sucherman here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sucherman View Post
Chris----

I can't really say what sound is perfect because that begs the question: Perfect for what? I try to let the music dictate the sound of the snare. One constant for me is a coated ambassador on top and a hazy ambassador snare side and well as cheap snappy or Gibraltar snares. I'm not into the "designer wires" as they just don't do it for me. There's a brightness and a snap (to me) with the cheap wires. My opinion only.

Cheers-
Todd
Ha ! I couldn't agree more about the snare wires. I bought an expensive pair of those "designer wires" and they were awful !!! In 30 years I have never had that much of a snare issue ! I put my $13 Gibraltars back on and I'm leaving them on. There was nothing wrong with them.. I just gave into the hype of the "designer wires" I guess.

I saw you play in June of 1996 with Styx in Allentown , Pa. I wasn't a Styx fan but took someone that was to see the show. I was very impressed with your playing and the power behind it. It really made the music much stronger without taking away from or hurting the song. I actually picked up the live cd right after that show. You definetly stood out ... out of all the players I've seen and I have seen many but your performance that night still stands strong in my mind today.