View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 06:46 PM

Default Re: girlfriends, wives, and the like coming to gigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy95 View Post
as for the dating sumeone in the band thing... well its a complicated situation. For an example, i used to hav a band where you would hav a chick doing lead vocals, and she dated the bassist of our band. When things became complicated is when the two guitarists, both lead and rythm, accused the bassist of letting the chick choose all of the songs we were to play; the guitarists (two brothers) wanted to play punk rock, while the chick (and oviously the bassist) wanted to play stuff like Evanescence... i tried to help sort things out, but it only made it worse (as usual lol). So we pretty much had to cancel all of our gigs because the bassist didnt want to talk to the guitarists... kiddish stuff really
That's why we have a "No Chicks Allowed" policy hahah... even though it doesn't apply to my current band since the other members are married and I have been in a relationship for 4 years... but yeah... dating a band member is no good. This is especially bad because of all the politics involved in bands... then adding all the dating politics in too... oh god... why would anyone want to date someone in their band?!

As for my GF... we only had our first gig last week and she came... she helped set up a little... but i feel i played better because she was there. Apparently it is also a big turn-on to watch me play.... hahaha... (this is the first time she's seen me perform)
I would like her to keep coming to them but I see that if we play out all the time she prob won't want to...