Thread: Vinnie Colaiuta
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Vinnie Colaiuta

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumvirvel View Post
Hi there,

I have a question for those of you who recognize Vinnie's (and Katchés) playing - who plays on which track on Stings "Brand new day"? Been looking all over the net for info, but haven't found it. Anyone who knows?

All the best,
M

EDIT: Later the same day I found on a Wiki page that he is supposed to play on 3 tracks on "Brand new day" - the question still remains which though...
I have been wondering about that for a while, but never really found out. however, if you are into sounds, I'd think that on the opener, A Thousand Years and Desert Rose it's definitely manu, especially in the way he comes in on Desert Rose. If it's otherwise i'd be surprised. Also, Ghost Story is pretty much Vinnie all over; just listen to the outro, you can't miss that ride. I am not so sure about Perfect Love Gone Wrong, but that and Tomorrow We'll See are probably Manu as well. I'd like to think After The Rain Has Fallen as Vinnie's, again, because of tones and the hat work just the overall feel. Does anyone actually play on Big Lie Small World? The time-sig veers towards Vinnie Territory hahaha. God, I love both these guys with Sting, man; it's taste to the max!