View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: This is not a goodbye thread

First, I agree, Ronaldo was always going to go and as much as I hate his BS, his skill is astounding- very hard to replace! Tevez- you're right- Joorabchian is a tosspot and even though Tevez has some skill, mostly he was pulling an Alan Smith (who I like alot though): running almost fast at everyone with the ball and occasionally nicking a goal. Of course I expect SAF to pull a major signing too, but I'm afraid he wont!

Berba is hilarious. I think he is a beautiful player, great technique, good eye and so on. Of course he is one lazy bastard. I read this on an MUFC forum regarding the deal offered to Tevez: SAF: 'Well sure you can start every game, it's just that I have to listen to Rooney or he'll deck me and Berba is too lazy to come off the bench, but aside from that, you're in'. =) I like Berba, but he cost too much, plus, he needs to integrate better with the rest of the team. I also greatly miss Hargreaves- poor guy may never be back!

Second, I dunno Duncan- I think signing Robinho and basically saying that they are literally going to bid for EVERYONE means City is doing the same as Chelsea. Look at their last minute bid for Kaka! The difference is they don't have evil Roman behind them, which I admit makes them less.....I dunno.....terrible?

Eddie- I was read a number of bizarre English laws, like 'it's illegal to shoot a Scot with a crossbow on Sundays', meaning of course, every other day- NO PROBLEM! Ah yes, the laws the House has never repealed. Also that it is illegal to fall asleep on a London bus. It's true, apparently. Here in Canada we can't buy beer at any store anywhere except for a liquor store or a beer store (called 'The Beer Store' ). No open alcohol anywhere in the car, no closed alcohol anywhere but in the trunk. Beer and liquor stores closed on Sundays. What else....I dunno, there's a few more I think, but yeah, we are not lax at all in those areas- I think in many cases Canada takes it's lead from the US way of doing things, which is never really a good idea. (Except that even in the US you can buy beer at many different stores unlike here).

PQ- if you don't, you'll have to move to Canada and call it 'Soccer' and watch the oh-so-un-entertaining MLS!!=)

GB