View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: This is not a goodbye thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat View Post
Freebird. Unfortunately Gregg and I have already fallen out over football teams, myself being an Arsenal supporter...
Well I think I've fallen out with you now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgregg View Post
Heh, er football. See, I have a club, for sure but I think I will TRY and stay neutral because no matter how much I LOVE that club, I can't relate to the kind of violence and fervour rivalries create there. I make no secret (even on here!=) that I'm a 4th Gen Manchester Utd supporter and defend myself for it constantly. In Canada, it's not liek they show many other matches besides the big 4. I'm coming to Old Trafford for a match as soon as I have the money, but I don't mind saying: no Stretford End for me, and I will be terrified! lol.

(Since we're talking about this now both you and Eddie: what do you think of the Ronaldo and Tevez vacancies? Who do you think can fill the shoes? I'm saying they need to look at people like Torres-who is going nowhere; David Villa- who is likely going to Real and maybe Benzema and Ribery, but I think they'll need more- that's a LOT of goals, speed and free kicks to account for. They are looking at Valencia and he's not good enough IMO. They need massive signings, I think or be prepared to pull an Arsenal and build up the young guys like Macheda and Wellbeck while taking a hit in quality for a while. And please, SAF for Gods sake, please just let Nani off the bus somewhere and ask him not to come back.)

GB
I think Ronaldo and Tevez leaving was inevitable, Ronaldo is just arrogant and does what he wants when he wants, and Tevez's agent does some suspicious business deals. We are building up quite a few young players at the minute like Arsenal (Rafael etc) so I don't think we're going to win much next year. But I bet my life that Fergie pulls a killer signing out of knowhere that will provide vital to next season, unless he buys another Berbatov. He's just so... meh.