View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 04:02 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: This is not a goodbye thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgregg View Post
Ha ha, eddie, yeah, that's the common misconception. I think the people Michael Moore talked to in that movie were just crazy. No one I know leaves their door open usually and NEVER unlocked. Mind you, I'm in Toronto, maybe it's different elsewhere, but it's still not a wise move! What about Vancouver Stan, do they there?

Canada IS geographically...abundant, let's say. Mostly because for size of the bloody place, there's barely anyone here! Don't get me wrong though, Canada IS a nice place.

I know a smattering of Manchester (mostly football oriented, but historically too). Didn't know Coronation St was filmed there though. I CAN say I was gutted when someone told me that East Enders was filmed on a set, and Walford was fictional.=) I will absolutely visit Manchester at some point (for football)- and thanks Stan for your Canadian perspective, I always appreciate that. I think its cool to have both sides, the British perspective and the Canadian one, like Stan and Boomka, for example. I also appreciate the history lessons and cultural stuff, thanks guys, really. By the way, you;re right Stand, it's REALLY getting close. I should be packing.... They take plastic bags from the supermarket on the plane as baggage, right????

Duncan- only too true, both parts! We'll find a place, don;t worry. Besides, if we drink too much you can always crash on our...er...floor? ....table....uh....bass drum case?

GB

Everything is locked up tight here Gregg. Don't you know we're the gang capital of North America. We've had more gang related by rival member to member shootings resulting in death this year than the number of gigs in total i've done in 09!. Maybe they'll all do each other in so it will the nice place to live again like it was when I first moved here in the 80's. Still a lovely place to live with some good creative players to play with here on the Coast.

Yes you better get those suitcases.. err....I mean plastic bags :} packed. Remember to put anything small made of metal or they can percieve to be a unboard threat in the underbelly of the plane NOT in your carry on!

Have a great trip and do visit some of our DW members in Yorkshire and up in Manchester down the road. The trains out of London are fast and efficient to all points North...... by a Brit Rail pass..... you can have a pint on the train too :}

Start packing.....:}

ISTANBUL AGOP CYMBALS
PEACE DRUMS

www.myspace.com/setstan