Thread: Neil Peart
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Neil Peart

Quote:
Originally Posted by andSometimesY View Post
Excellent post, pbm. There is almost always a difference between whomever my favorite drummer is at the time and the drummer that I think is the best at the instrument. My favorite may not be the very best, but the things he plays flow so perfectly with the music that if you aren't listening for drums, you will forget they are there. I call music that flows together like that "transcendental" music, because it transcends the senses (at least my senses).

P.S. pbm, does the singer for that Rush show you are doing sound anything like Geddy? That would be a tough find if so. Will anyone be recording the show? It sounds really interesting and I would come if I was close enough.
I totally agree - the best drummer for the music and for the instrument can be two very different people. The White Stripes with Thomas Lang would be awful. But I wouldn't go to see a Meg White drum clinic.

With regards the gig - the singer's pretty damn good, it's a big ask of anyone and nobody sounds like Geddy - it's amazing we've found him! But we aren't setting ourselves up as Rush 2, we are just some pretty musical fans of the band playing music we love for people that want to hear these songs loud and live. We will record it and get a myspace page together - I'll let you know.